Allen’s Grocery robbery suspect to appear before Grand Jury Oct 15On Friday morning, September 21, Billy D. Walls, 27, of Hayti, Missouri, appeared before Judge Dean Dedmon in Dyersburg City Court. Walls, who has been incarcerated in the Dyer County Law...
Wallace appears in Dyersburg City Court for robbery and assault chargesCassandra Wallace, 31, of Dyersburg appeared before Judge Dean Dedmon Friday morning with various charges from Dyersburg Police Department including theft of property, aggravated robbery, and...
- Boss Hoss Rally officially begins
- Power Board revises pre-pay policy, discusses rate hike, pole bids
- Tennessee Department of Corrections graduates 14 officers for Henning and Lake County
- Dyersburg 911 deploys new lifesaving technology
- Options for former clerk’s office discussed, Red Cross building lease OK’d at meeting
- Dot Foods to host job fair to fill 50 new truck driver positions
- Dyersburg Head Start holds open house
- Quilting for a cause: Ministry quilt guild makes donation to two local children
- Dyer County man indicted for murder of Hollie Adcock3
- Trojans hold off Indians; head into bye 6-0For the third time in as many weeks, the Trojans were tested as their opponent – this week North Side – was able to cut Dyersburg’s multiple-touchdown lead to in half during the first two quarters. But, also for the third straight week, the Trojans responded, scoring twice in the latter moments of the second quarter on the way to a 42-20 win over the Indians as the black and Vegas gold celebrated homecoming by moving to 6-0 on the season.
- Choctaws can’t overcome early hole in loss to Wildcats
- There’s a lot to look ahead to in second half
- Dyer County football homecoming court announced
- Dyersburg High School football homecoming court announced
- Lady Choctaw netters sweep Bolton in district action
- No. 9 Wildcats are Choctaws’ date for Homecoming 2018 (9/21/18)
At the Shelter (9/20/18)The number of Shelter residents ready for adoption is 46 – 10 fewer than last week. The Shelter is still trying to attain a “No Kill” status which is defined as 10% or less euthanasia. Ten years ago the euthanasia rate was a horrible 90%. The current rate is between 10% and 15%, truly a vast improvement, but it can be better...
Allie McReynoldsDCHS Spotlight Student for the week of Sept. 3 is 10th-grade student, Allie McReynolds. ‘Allie displayed integrity and excellence when she informed a student he dropped his cash in the commons area. I was overjoyed to see one of our students display honesty and sincerity to another student in our building. That kind of character will take her a long way in life.’ - Mrs. Mary Greer...
Hannah McDanielThis week’s Dyersburg High School student spotlight representative is senior Hannah McDaniel. Hannah was nominated by DHS Theatre Arts teacher Chris Solmon. ‘Hannah McDaniel has been involved in the Trojan Drama program during her entire high school career,’ said Solmon. ‘She is a great contributor to the Drama program and is always happy and upbeat. Her personality brings joy to those around her.’...
Obituaries for September 21, 2018Mr. Harold G. "Slim" Allen went home to be with His Lord & Savior September 19, 2018 at his residence. Slim was well known throughout the community as a dedicated family man and a very hard worker....
Obituaries for September 20, 2018Mr. Leon Lyte, age 81 of Dyersburg, TN, a retired Air Force veteran died September 15, 2018 at West Tennessee Healthcare-Dyersburg. Arrangements are entrusted to McCreight Funeral Home. Visitation...
Obituaries for September 19, 2018Nelda Whitson Doss, 82, of Trimble, Tennessee died on Tuesday, September 18, 2018, at her residence in Trimble, Tennessee. Born Wednesday, September 2, 1936 in Jackson, Tennessee, she was the...
On the Record (9/21/18)Tycinnacus Jqwan Watford, 27, and Britni Nacole Medina, 29 Darion Gene Jones, 45, and Renita Jeanette Nance, 49 Matthew Eric Pierce, 22, and Summer Brooke Holland, 21 Joseph Matthew Hogue, 38, and...
On the Record (9/12/18)Brandon Matthew Franks, 29, and Larren Ashle Davis, 26 Kresta Jo Cook, 21, and Amy Alexandria Whitt, 21 Anthony Lynn Taylor, Jr., 31, and Ashton Jameelah Cannon, 23 Aaron Walker Borden, 23, and...
On the Record (9/5/18)Jaxon Gregory-simple poss of schedule II meth, probation til all paid, drug screens, 11/29 days susp to 30 days, 750 fine/costs Joseph Inman-theft up to 1000, cont 8/9/18 Russell King-driving while...
Articles For SaleFS: Story & Clark Spinet Piano $150, cheery wood king head board $50, 48" pedestal square table $80, 6 ft oval French proventcial table w/6 padded chairs $125 731-413-8664
Legal NoticesLegal 09-3788 The City of Newbern is accepting applications for a full time diesel mechanic and heavy equipment operator. Must be able to pass a drug test. Please bring resume or fill out application at City Hall. Publication: September 20,2018 September 21,2018 September 23,2018 September 25,2018
Legal NoticesLegal 09-3789 NOTICE The following property has been condemned by the City of Dyersburg Codes Enforcement Department and is scheduled for demolition: 227 Pease Ave. (023 100D A 02000 000 2018) Anyone who has ownership, property rights, liens, mortgages or knows of any reason these structures should not be demolished should contact the Codes Enforcement Department at Dyersburg City Hall or call (731) 288-7612. This is not a “For Sale” notice. Publication: September 21,2018 September...
Articles For SaleFS: tell city china cabinet solid wood $250, glass & oak display cabinet w/matching wall mirror $100, coffee table $35, 42" Sanyo flat screen $100, multiple vintage glassware & antique rustic items $5-$250.731-676-2997
Articles For SaleFS: full size bed frame $15, Brass lamp $10, coffee table $60, ladies sz 16 clothes $5 up 731-285-8661
- Dyer County man indicted for murder of Hollie Adcock
- Local authorities discover body hanging from bridge
- Patriot Guard Riders offer services to families of fallen veterans and first responders
- St. Jude motorcycle ride makes annual stop in Dyersburg, raises over $900,000
- Boss Hoss National Rally returns to Dyersburg, begins Thursday